Transformer Technician – VOP Operator
- The primary duties of this position is carrying out the vacuum oil filling of new transformer installations at various site locations across Canada and the US. Additionally you will be required to provide support in the repair and maintenance of on site transformers and the testing and commissioning of transformers
- Provides support to the Field Services Coordinator during projects and provides problem solving support in repair, maintenance and installation of transformers, mobile maintenance units, tools, and equipment.
- Prepare customer reporting
- Communicates with customers, manufacturers representatives and management regarding the job progress and works to resolve problems
- Prepare paperwork and ensure sign off from client on any extras to the original work scope
- Enforces all Safety, Quality policies, and all other company policies and procedures as required in this position.
- In your role as Transformer Technician you will be dealing with external customers daily and must be able to maintain a professional and business-like attitude at all times. This position also may oversee other employees and must be able to maintain a business-like attitude and work as part of a team at all times.
Required technical skills:
- Completion of Electrician trade qualification
- Previous experience operating oil processing equipment
- Experience in testing and commissioning
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to maintain a professional and business-like attitude at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels
- Mechanically inclined with complete understanding of how transformer equipment works
- Sound planning and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively
- Ability to work 10 and 12 hour shifts while on a job site
- Pass drug, alcohol and fit test
This position works in a field environment and must have the flexibility to move around during a shift, including sitting, standing, bending and lifting. This position has exposure to dust, fumes, heat and cold temperatures and must be able to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment provided. In this position you must travel on a routine basis.
This position makes routine decisions and all should be within defined policies, procedures or guidelines.
This position must be able to analyze the situation and make the best decision to ensure safety, quality, productivity and budgets have not been jeopardized; this includes knowing when to involve Supervisor/Project Managers/Operations Manager.
Beaver Electrical Machinery Ltd. offers a competitive wage and benefit package as per IBEW 213 collective agreement.
Email your resume to [email protected]
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.